Look your absolute best with Awaken’s Dysport injections. Dysport has proven time and time again to achieve amazing results when it comes to wrinkle reduction and skin smoothing. As Awaken’s top booked service, this treatment’s popularity speaks for itself!
How It Works
Over time, repeated movement of the facial muscles cause wrinkles, creases, and expression lines to form. The areas of the face most commonly treated with Dysport are the frown lines between the eyebrows, horizontal forehead lines, and crow’s feet around the eyes. Dysport is injected with a small needle into the targeted muscles to relax the muscle, leaving the skin with a smoother, more rested, youthful appearance. Effects are seen in about 3 days and take 1-2 weeks to fully develop. Results from Dysport treatment last approximately 3-4 months.
Restylane, Lyft, Refyne, Defyne, and Silk are types of filler injections. Collagen, our skin’s structural support system, decreases as we mature. This loss of volume appears as sunken cheeks, laxity at the jawline, deep creases and lines, and thin lips. We are able to sculpt and enhance areas of the face with fillers to restore volume and fill creases. Our experienced injector will make appropriate recommendations at your consultation to best meet your needs.
Before and After Instructions for Dermal Filler Treatments
- Avoid aspirin, vitamin E, St. John’s Wort, fish oil and other dietary supplements including: ginkgo, evening primrose oil, garlic, feverfew, and ginseng for 1-2 weeks. These have a blood thinning effect and increase the risk of bruising.
- Avoid ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) and alcohol for 2 days.
- Take oral Arnica Montana tablets and bromelain (pineapple enzyme), 5 days prior to injections to minimize the risk of bruising. We have Silagen available which is a capsule containing both arnica and bromelain. Continue taking these supplements for +/-3 days after injections to aid in the healing process.
- If possible, come to your appointment with a cleanly washed face without makeup.
- Skin redness and swelling in the treatment area is common. This should resolve within a few days. If it persists longer than 3 days, please contact your treatment provider at 828-774-5558.
- Do not massage the treated areas.
- Avoid applying heat to the treated area until any swelling or bruising have resolved. Routine washing and showering is fine.
- Avoid activities that cause facial flushing on the day of treatment including: consuming alcohol, exercising, and tanning.
- Gently apply a cool compress or wrapped ice pack to the treated areas for 15 minutes every few hours as needed to reduce discomfort, swelling, or bruising up to a few days after treatment. If bruising occurs, it typically resolves within 7-10 days.
- After treatment, oral and/or topical Arnica Montana may help reduce bruising and swelling.
Please do not hesitate to call us at 828-774-5558 or email us at email@example.com during regular office hours if you have any questions or concerns following your injectable dermal filler treatment.